Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baby Tiley - Pre-Term Labor.

An extra post this week, but wanted to share with all of my lovely readers (just incase I don't make it to my next post either ;) )

Pre-Term Labor:
Well... Friday afternoon about 2:00pm I found a few blood spots. I decided to take a nap and see if anything else came of it. At about 5:30pm I found more blood so called the hospital who said to come in to get checked out. After I got off the phone, about 10 minutes later, I started getting some cramps so I called my mum to take me to the hospital incase Tim was late home from work.
Tim ended up coming home about 30mins later so I got my mum to meet us at the hospital.
When I arrived at the hospital, it turned out my 'cramps' were actually early contractions and coming about every 15 minutes, they found that the bleeding was from my cervix thinning, which is fine, but there was quite a bit of blood. I was also one centimeter dilated. I was in very early labor.
Because I was only 36 weeks, they wanted me to stay (where they would normally send someone in so early labor back home). I was moved into a maternity room to watch my contraction progress.
My husband and mum stayed for awhile but weren't aloud to stay the night.
At about 12am, now Saturday early morning, the contractions went to about every 5 minutes and was starting to get fairly painful and consistent. I had two panadol's. They were still consistent at 1:30am, so I was moved to a delivery room on the labor ward. I texted my mum for her to come back, and she arrived about 2:30am.
We turned off the lights and tried to rest with my contractions still consistently 4-5 minutes apart. I couldn't sleep at all, and the midwife continued to offer me sleeping tablets (triazepam). At 6am I finally said yes to the sleeping tablets to try and get some rest, but that was unfortunately terrible timing because just after I had the sleeping tablets, by about 10 minutes, my contractions got bad.. very quickly. They became every 2 minutes apart and VERY painful.
We were convinced that it was time to call everyone that it was a go-ahead now. I got a catheter put in my hand ready for some anti-biotics because labor was well and truely established. I told my husband to come back in, by sending him one word text messages.. I was in so much pain, that's all I had the energy to do. I told him to call the family members too. He arrived about 7.15am.
After about two hours of these contractions I had two panadeine forte. I had actually asked for more panadol and the doctor insisted I take panadeine forte instead, because he believed the contractions were about to get much worse.
I had another physical check at around 8.30am.... and was still only one centimeter dilated. I was not dilating.
My dad had now arrived, because my husband had called him earlier. Now, apart from my contractions, I was just not progressing, so they were going to send me back to my original maternity room.
After the midwife returned I asked her if I could just finish up at home. If I was still only one centimeter it's going to take a LONG time and I could get some sleep at home. The doctors didn't want me to go, but the midwife asked for me and they decided to let me go home.
At home they were still painful but started dulling down about 12:00pm, so I went to sleep. When I woke at about 1:00pm I had about 6 or 7 continues sharp contractions and that was it, so I went back to sleep about 2:00pm. I woke again at 4:30pm feeling incredibly sick... realising I hadn't eating ALL day. Contractions had become very mild too... almost at no pain but my stomach was still tightening. Some leaving a sting. After eating (and deciding it was time to finalise my hospital bag) my contractions had finally completely stopped at around 8pm. So that was it... everything had finished... I am still pregnant, baby is still happy inside my belly but we are almost certain he will come before his due! A doctor even said it could take a few days or a week.

If you don't see any regular post's for a while, here's why!


Camille said...

Ouchies, that sounds like no fun! I hope you get some time to rest before you go into true labor!

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you just can do with a few % to force the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to mention, I liked this post. It was practical.
Keep on posting!

My web blog - bet angel free