Saturday, October 20, 2012

Being Me (Mariah Carey)





Myself and my maids walked down the
aisle to 'endless love' by Mariah Carey.
So, since I was young, before I could probably dance and sing, I have adored Mariah Carey. I 'stole' my mum's album that came out in 1990 (Mariah Carey's self-titled album 'Mariah Carey') and would play it over and over and over! I still have the CD and probably every CD of Mariah's since! I am in absolute awe of her voice. She is extremely talented and such a beauty.

A Wedding Song:
I ALWAYS wanted to walk down the aisle to one of her songs. When playing around when I was really young I would pretend I actually was walking down the aisle to one of her song's! So...  when I was in a wedding planning mode, I picked out my favourite wedding song by Mariah Carey and it suited our wedding perfectly! I walked down the aisle on my wedding day to one of her songs, just like I dreamt when I was little!

Children's Names:
I have to share one thing that I always wanted to do. I always wanted to use the names Mariah Carey used for her children as the middle name of mine- but seriously, Monroe & Moroccan? I can guarantee that our children's middle names won't be after her children's names.

Butterfly:
I adore butterfly's, not only are they gorgeous, butterfly's represent alot in my life, freedom, my losses, my future and of course, my favourite artist. Mariah's 'logo' is a butterfly, she has a butterfly tattoo (we both do) and has an album titled and songs titled called butterfly.

What I've Learnt About Me This Week:
Although I have grown, matured and changed, there are elements of 'me' that make up who I am that are still me. After all these years. I think it shows that I am always true to myself.


Next Week: Candles.


-Harley xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this site – it's a great blog – may i suggest you get an rss feed.

Harley Cocks said...

Thank you for your compliments and suggestion... you can click 'join this site' on the right to see the latest blog posts. :)